Reports to: Vice President of International Programs
About Preemptive Love
Welcome to the world’s most diverse community of peacemakers, Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC) stretches across Iraq, Syria, Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, and the United States to provide relief, and leverage communities through job creation and social innovation. We provide food, water, and medicine to those who need it most, while violence is still happening. We create jobs, providing capital for refugee families to start businesses, coaching and leveraging their success through creating connections to the global marketplace. At the center of everything we do–every food delivery–every family we serve–is the pursuit of peace between communities at odds.
About the team
The Relief Programs Team is a comprised group of diverse individuals who are passionate about community outreach, by centering and listening to those who are most in need. Serving at the frontlines does present many obstacles for which the team is able to address in creative, solution-driven and resourceful ways. We value the different experiences and perspectives of the people we serve and of our team, which enhances the meaningful and equitable impact PLC makes.
Essential Function: Everything should be conducted to improve the Preemptive Love brand by being both useful to our audience and relevant to our mission. Each word we share publicly is a contribution to our organizational experience—our brand. We strive to be known for our professionalism, generosity, transparency, insightfulness, friendliness, fairness, humility, and of course, for great content. The Program Manager is no exception. We want to engage our donors, decision-makers, and influencers, with emotive stories that illustrate program impact. We want our funders to be able to effectively communicate with their stakeholders how they contribute to our impact.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Relief Programs strategy and methodology in alignment with Preemptive Love standards and best practices.
- Cultivate relationships and trust through regular communication with PLC local implementation Partners.
- Assist to design project processes and provide administrative leadership during implementation.
- Support logistical framework design and M&E plan preparation for proposal development.
- Open and maintain registration in countries with Program activities.
- Work closely with the Programs team to ensure accurate and timely data collection and data entry.
- Propose information management solutions for improved efficiency and results in delivery through streamlined processes, automation, and electronic forms.
- Ensure the program adheres to donor M&E requirements.
- Responsible for technical support and project management
- Serve as liaison between the Relief Program team and the broader Preemptive Love team.
- Ensure the safe and proper collection, organization, and storage of Program data.
- Support efforts to share information and learnings to relevant stakeholders, ensuring the data collected is accurately presented, reflected upon, and incorporated into future program design.
- Manage, Coordinate and Represent Preemptive Love at the local level.
- Represent Programs internationally and promote networking with external stakeholders.
Evaluate and report on ongoing programs;
- Verbally present project updates to the team and answer questions;
- Evaluate and create weekly and quarterly written program impact reports, and presentations;
- Make recommendations on relationships and programming opportunities with local partners, while communicating all the needs and the problems with transparency to management;
- Making regular visits to projects locations in the area; willingness to go to potentially dangerous locations
- Consult with the line manager and any stakeholder regarding planning, approvals, and execution;
- Assist to launch new opportunities or exit strategies;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Competency—knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work on a fast timeline and on highly variable topics;
- Team player with highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to represent PLC to multiple constituents, from diverse backgrounds, in multiple contexts;
- Proven track record working with little oversight, is self-motivated, flexible, and maintains a positive attitude;
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work and be managed remotely;
- Willingness to work in a challenging environment is required;
- Excellent attention to details and ability to deliver timely and accurately;
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree; Master’s Degree Preferred
- Proven experience in program impact reporting;
- Experience working with and on behalf of communities facing hardships;
- Experience managing a diverse range of projects in a variety of contexts
- Proficiency level written/reading/spoken Arabic;
- Proficiency level written/reading/spoken English;
- Ability to travel frequently to project locations in Lebanon and Syria, the surrounding areas
- A willingness to travel to and through potentially dangerous areas. Ability to travel is essential;
- Ability to travel internationally.
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Tech Stack
- Familiarity with project management software (i.e. Salesforce)
- Proficient in a wide range of IT applications (i.e. Google Suite)
Affirmative action plan/equal employment opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information. Both the organization and employee agree to comply with the zero tolerance policy for any type of abuse, harassment, molestation, intimidation, or sexual and labor exploitation.
Disclaimer of Other Duties: Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice by a direct supervisor based on organizational or programmatic priorities and goals.