Support Program Officer (Muthana, Iraq)
About Preemptive Love
Welcome to the world’s most diverse community of peacemakers, Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC) stretches across Iraq, Syria, Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, and the United States to provide relief, and leverage communities through job creation and social innovation. We provide food, water, and medicine to those who need it most, while violence is still happening. We create jobs, providing capital for refugee families to start businesses, coaching and leveraging their success through creating connections to the global marketplace. At the center of everything we do–every food delivery–every family we serve–is the pursuit of peace between communities at odds.
About the team
For the tens of thousands victimized by conflict, they don’t need a hand-out, they need a hand-up. We change the way the world engages in polarizing conflict by partnering with conflict affected individuals to become small business owners, employers, and sustainable sources of revenue and hope for their families and the local community. We do this through building relationships and once their businesses have started we follow up with them to make sure things are running smoothly.
Jobs in Muthana:
- Cultivate relationship and building rapport through regular communication;
- Collect, document, and organize data, including but not limited to receipts, media, and field reports to maintain quality programming;
- Work closely with Jobs team to ensure that grants and programing is executed correctly;
- Create and maintain organizational and program “template” documents to facilitate future grant writing and impact reporting;
- Internal progress reporting to other teams/stakeholders on programing success indicators and impact/outcomes;
- Work closely with Sulaymaniyah, Sinjar, Duohk, and Mosul Program Officers;
- Support Muthana Program Officer in establishing, and maintaining professional rapport with local organizations, community members and key partners;
- Visit all the programming sites to follow up and track businesses successes, and provide relevant business coaching as needed;
- Provide consistent Muthana program updates and communication via Slack or other internal communication tools;
- Identify possible jobs, and business opportunities in Muthana and all the other villages;
- Organize documentation and receipts of all beneficiaries and upload it to organization systems.
- Participate in the interviewing process for new hires, with the Middle East People & Talent Business Partner;
- Provide program-centric onboarding and training for new team members;
- Maintain communication with management regarding emergent and/or time sensitive needs;
- Consult with the line manager and any stakeholder regarding planning, getting approvals, and execution;
- Work closely with the PLC Jobs team and the respective country manager;
- Uphold and maintain confidentiality;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Competency—knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent listening and intrapersonal skills; solution-driven,
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written),
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing conditions,
- Center and address beneficiaries needs and program needs,
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast timeline,
- Proven track record working with little oversight or direction in a highly dynamic environment,
- Self-motivated, flexible, adaptable and maintains a positive attitude,
- Strong work-ethic with the ability to work and be managed remotely,
- Willingness to work in challenging environment/conflict zones is required,
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in livelihood programs including monitoring, evaluation, assessment, and coaching program participants.
- Written/spoken proficiency in English and Arabic.
Physical demands: Physical demands of working in a field, working in outdoor conditions, extreme temperatures.
- Traveling to all the programming sites as requested.
- Making regular visits to all projects locations, including Refugee and IDP camps and any/all the villages that we have programming including.
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and/or Mac OS software,
- Professional skills in website navigation tools and terminology in different language,
- Photography and photo editing skills, as photos are to be included in program reports.
Affirmative action plan/equal employment opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information. Both the organization and employee agree to comply with the zero tolerance policy for any type of abuse, harassment, molestation, intimidation, or sexual and labor exploitation.
Disclaimer of Other Duties: Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice by a direct supervisor based on organizational or programmatic priorities and goals.