About the Organization
Preemptive Love is a global community of peacemakers working to end war and stop the spread of violence. We do this by living and working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, jobs for displaced families and community building.
About the team
The development team is a community of driven and passionate fundraising and donor care professionals who create synergies between donors, prospects and the mission of Preemptive Love. We bring our individual experiences and expertise to walk alongside our current and future peacemaking community cultivating, maximizing, and stewarding their financial resources with the needs and development of the communities we serve, to stop the spread of violence.
Job Title: Gifts Officer
Hours: Full time
Location: US-Based / Travel up to 50%
Reports to: Major Gifts Officer Team Lead
About the Role
The Gifts Officer will be home-based, with some local travel, playing a critical part in donor cultivation, solicitation and moves management. The role is responsible for securing funds for PLC by managing a group of assigned donors, ensuring retention of existing donors, upgrading their financial commitment, prospecting and qualifying new donors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as a gifts officer, personally managing a qualifying portfolio of up to 5000 mid to major donors and prospects.
- Manage the donor pipeline, devising and executing effective strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward individuals through digital, telephone, face-to-face visits and strategic fundraising events.
- Stewardship care for one-time donations $500 - $2500
- 10% Donor care; Drift, phone, cases, working closely with and reporting to Donor Care Manager for this role.
- Work with the development, programs and communications departments to gather appropriate project information including budgets. Create offers, proposals and asks that will be used with households in the caseload to secure gifts. Facilitate impact reporting for individual gifts.
- Manage and record strategies and “moves” with donors and prospects using the Salesforce database; prepare regular reports using database figures and statistics.
- Will perform other donor activities as required.
- Recommend and assist with donor and prospect visits involving the CEO, Chief growth Officer, Chief Program Officer and Director of Development.
- Additional duties as requested.
- Passion for the vision, values, work, and culture of Preemptive Love Coalition
- Ability to communicate in a welcoming way with people from diverse backgrounds with perspectives that are different than your own, introducing them to opportunities to increase their capacity for care and inclusion
- Proven ability to operate in a self directed, remote work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships.
- A minimum of one-year successful experience in a development related job including events planning, preferably in a nonprofit/international development setting.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multiple or diverse areas.
- Experience working with Salesforce and/or other donor/sales databases.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to travel up to 50%, often with short notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information.