Jobs Program Officer (Maracaibo, Venezuela)
Preemptive Love is a global community of peacemakers working to end war and stop the spread of violence. We do this by living and working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, jobs for displaced families and community building.
About the team
The Programs Team is a comprised group of diverse individuals who are passionate about reaching and listening to those who are most in need. As our work takes us to the front lines of crises, we are accustomed to facing obstacles and quickly identifying ways around them. We value the different experiences and perspectives of our team, which we believe enhances the way we carry out our projects and our impact.
Job Title: Jobs Program Officer (Latin America)
Hours: Full Time, Contract
Location: Maracaibo, Venezuela
Reports to: Director of Programs Operations and Relief Programs Manager
About the Role
Everything should be conducted to improve the Preemptive Love brand by being both useful to our audience and relevant to our mission. Each word we share publicly is a contribution to our organizational experience—our brand. We strive to be known for our professionalism, generosity, transparency, insightfulness, friendliness, fairness, humility, and of course, for great content. The Jobs Program Officer is no exception. We want to engage our donors, decision-makers, and influencers, with emotive stories that illustrate program impact. We want our funders to be able to effectively communicate with their stakeholders how they contribute to our impact. In this role you will:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluate and report on ongoing programs.
- Make recommendations on relationships and programming opportunities.
- Cultivate relationship and trust through regular communication with the Relief Program Manager and Director of Programs Operations.
- Organize data, including budgets, media, and field reports to maintain quality programming.
- Collaboratively maintain the program budgets under the direction and the supervision of the program managers.
- Evaluate and create weekly and quarterly written program impact reports, and presentations.
- Verbally present professional updates internally and externally.
- While it is not required, it is beneficial to participate in program volunteering activities to build relationships and trust with partners and participants.
- Make recommendations on relationships and programming opportunities with local partners, while communicating all the needs and the problems with transparency to management.
- Making regular visits to all projects locations.
- Consult with the line manager and any stakeholder regarding planning, approvals, and execution.
- Participate in programmatic strategy development and process new ideas to meet business growth needs identified in coordination with their line manager.
- Assist to launch new opportunities or exit strategies.
- Knowledge of proper cash handling procedures and skilled at receiving and processing banking transactions.
- Field visits and research as needed to launch new programing in new location.
- Additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree, related experience.
- Project Reporting Experience
- Proficiency level written/reading/spoken Spanish.
- Proficiency level written/reading/spoken English.
- Familiarity with the NGO sector in Venezuela.
- Experience working with and on behalf of communities facing hardships.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on a fast timeline and on highly variable topics.
- Team player with highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to represent PLC to multiple constituents, from diverse backgrounds, in multiple contexts.
- Proven track record working with little oversight, is self-motivated, flexible, and maintains a positive attitude.
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work and be managed remotely.
- Ability to travel is essential.
- Willingness to work in a challenging environment is required.
- Excellent attention to details and ability to deliver timely and accurately.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Familiarity with project management software (i.e. Salesforce)
- Proficient in a wide range of IT applications (i.e. Google Suite)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information.