WorkWell Tech Hub Manager (Mosul, Iraq)
About the Organization
Preemptive Love is a global community of peacemakers working to end war and stop the spread of violence. We do this by living and working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, jobs for displaced families and community building.
About the team
For the tens of thousands victimized by conflict, they don’t need a hand-out, they need a hand-up. We change the way the world engages polarizing conflict by empowering victims and turning them into small business owners, employers, and sustainable sources of revenue and hope for their families and the local community. We do this through building relationships and once their businesses have started we follow up with them to make sure things are running smoothly.
Job Title: WorkWell Tech Hub Manager
Hours: Full time (From 8:30 AM To 5:30 PM, Sunday to Thursday)
Location: Mosul, Iraq
Reports to: WorkWell Program Director
Contract Start/End dates: May, 2021 to December 31, 2021 (with 3 month probationary period and possibility of extension)
Paid Time Off: 10 days a year
NOTE: This position will have the same vacation/holidays as the WorkWell program. Any Paid Time Off taken in this role requires the individual to clear that time off with their manager a minimum of 2 weeks in advance. Any request will be subject to the needs of the organization and could be denied accordingly.
About the Role
The WorkWell program is Preemptive Love’s job creation pathway. WorkWell’s mission is to coach people to quality employment. You will be at the heart of WorkWell leadership building a team that empowers coaches and instructors to develop and deliver quality results. As a Tech Hub manager you must build systems that allow the Tech Hub to operate smoothly, and produce high employment rates in good quality jobs. In your role as Tech Hub Manager you will also be at the heart of representing your Tech Hub and Preemptive Love. You will be an ambassador of the WorkWell program to all guests, clients, donors, and Preemptive Love colleagues.
Responsibilities and Duties
Monetization & Serious Results:
- Serve as a leader and mentor of the WorkWell team in your city. You will be responsible for the quality of the WorkWell program in your city, and the overall success of the Tech Hub.
- Invest money wisely, into services, products, and schemes that generate revenue and deliver a needed service in our community.
- Carry out unbiased market research and develop your team’s capacity to assess the size of the market we wish to penetrate.
- You will collaborate with other Tech Hubs in Iraq and the Preemptive Love team to establish monetization campaign objectives, complete tasks, and identify and solve problems.
- Responsible for financial reporting, financial statements, and money management of your location. Ensuring all invoicing, including client deposits or payments, are well documented, completed accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for setting a productive, regimented, and high-standard Tech Hub with respect for all members of the team, clients, donors and outside parties.
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of all clients and staff members at your location. You must ensure you are carrying out comprehensive and regular risk assessments to ensure problems and risks are anticipated and mitigated.
- Embrace and uphold full English immersion at WorkWell with your colleagues and your workers during and outside class hours. You must set vision for the team, pushing them towards high-quality results, discipline and continuous learning.
Team Development & Discipline:
- Responsible for the professional development of your team at your location.
- Hold regular one-on-ones with members of your team to understand their performance, communicate critical and constructive feedback, build trust, and attain better effectiveness.
- Ensure underperforming staff is always told promptly and directly or their areas for improvement and implement the performance improvement plan to ensure standards are kept high.
- Train personnel and help team members develop their business skills.
- In charge of checking instructor reports daily, leading meetings, understanding, and solving all logistical issues at the site.
- Meet deadlines set by the WorkWell Program Director and BPO Manager, and ensure your team is able to meet deadlines with punctuality and quality of work.
- Lead your team by example becoming a source of information, inspiration, trust, and unique value to all WorkWell clients and staff.
- Ensure each staff member receives regular and detailed individualized feedback to increase team capacity, discipline and ability to meet set goals.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of all activity reports and records on Salesforce. Responsible for impact tracking and measurement.
- Responsible for the accurate and professional data gathering and entry during the registration of candidates and recording of survey results. Responsible for reporting of program progress and successes.
- Responsible for participant recruitment, retention and relationship building. Must ensure all members of staff are meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to safeguard high quality of service provision.
- Responsible for the execution of program planning, budgeting and procurement of necessary equipment in line with Preemptive Love standards.
- Responsible for the high-quality delivery of weekly workshops and WorkWell events which must remain engaging for our workers and clients.
- Responsible for monitoring, documenting, and evaluating the results at your Tech Hub and the WorkWell program as a whole. This includes creating visual reports showcasing your past impact in your community, and the program as a whole. You must be familiarized with the concepts of decent work, private sector development, working poor, computer vision & data analysis, key performance metrics, entrepreneurship & consulting, emerging fields in technology & emerging markets.
- Organize assessment and candidate recruitment for the new Cohorts.
- Maintain daily and weekly contact with the WorkWell Program Manager and WorkWell BPO Manager and seek approval where appropriate.
- Responsible for the successful event planning of graduations and other occasions hosted by WorkWell in your city.
- Ensure all instructors are carrying out standardized testing as outlined by the curriculum tests, benchmarks, and requirements.
- Ensure the team is developing high-quality lesson plans and innovative teaching materials to ensure teaching quality stays high. Delivery of material should be highly practical, engaging, and project-based.
- Lead in the improvement of curriculum, with the understanding that the curriculum must be standardized across all WorkWell sites.
- You will ensure close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee the smooth implementation of activities.
- You will ensure program activities comply with the policies and regulations of the donor organization.
- You will assist in all additional tasks as required by the program.
- University Degree with a focus on business and management or related discipline.
- 2-3 years experience leading diverse teams to achieve serious results.
- Professional-level written and oral proficiency in English and Kurdish/ Arabic.
- Able to present confidently to a diverse audience (including prospective investors).
- You must be able to develop and deliver an effective pitch deck and solicit new funding opportunities for the WorkWell program.
- The ability to work in challenging environments.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Ability to coach team members & achieve results is required.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to deliver outcomes timely and accurately.
- The ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent active listening skills and written communication skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing conditions, client needs, and program needs.
- Familiarity and broad experience with information technologies.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Familiarity with the private sector is preferred. Experience with international organizations or companies is appreciated.
- Familiarity with government agencies and NGOs working in Iraq or the Middle East is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information.