Preemptive Love is a global community of peacemakers working to end war and stop the spread of violence. We do this by living and working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, jobs for displaced families, and community building.
About the team
We are a team of diverse professionals and tech enthusiasts, working together to bring peace through employment and income-generation from machine learning projects. We are building and deploying the most diverse artificial intelligence/machine learning workforce in the world. We believe in the power of technology and coaching to transform lives.
Job Title: WorkWell Program Officer - Mexico
Hours: Full time
Location: Juarez, Mexico
Reports to: Relief Program Manager (Latam) and the WorkWell Program Director
About the Role
The WorkWell program is Preemptive Love’s job creation pathway. WorkWell’s mission is to coach people to quality employment. You will be at the heart of WorkWell leadership, building a team that empowers coaches and instructors to develop and deliver quality results.
As a WorkWell Program Officer in Mexico, you will be at the head of your ship and you must build systems that allow the Tech Bus to operate smoothly, and produce high employment rates in good quality jobs. Our most precious metric of success is quality employment for our clients and workers, followed by an exceptional, welcoming reputation in the community and the ability to launch in-demand products and services that allow WorkWell to generate revenue to fuel its social mission.
In your role of WorkWell Program Officer, you will be launching fresh monetization schemes and planning for financial sustainability. You will also be at the heart of representing your Tech Bus to clients, businesses, and donors. Following a social enterprise model, you are also responsible for the successful acquisition of new business relationships in your city.
Responsibilities and Duties
QUALITY EMPLOYMENT & SERIOUS RESULTS
- The WorkWell Program Officer’s key deliverable is quality employment for WorkWell clients and participants.
- You will be responsible for setting a productive, regimented, and a high-standard Tech Bus atmosphere with respect for all members of the team, clients, and outside parties.
- You will cast a vision for your clients, your team, and your community. You will be responsible for delivering quality results in terms of decent work among alumni and graduate employment.
- You will be responsible for protecting the quality of the WorkWell program at your site. You will continue to boost the positive reputation of the program in your city.
- You will be responsible for building up strong team morale, leading to the delivery of a unique, high-quality experience for all our clients. You must embrace & uphold full English immersion at WorkWell with your colleagues and your workers at all times.
- You will be responsible for the Health & Safety of all clients and staff members at your location. You must ensure you are carrying out comprehensive and regular risk assessments to ensure problems are anticipated and mitigated.
- You shall visit classes regularly to understand the quality of teaching, client engagement, and state of the room. If these are unsatisfactory or below expectations, you will communicate directly with your team member and set-up a performance improvement plan.
- You will be integrated with the clients, understanding the benefits and difficulties of the program for our participants.
- You must delegate effectively, set clear expectations for all team members and clients, to ensure your team is one unit with clear deliverables.
- You will train your team to regularly carry out After-Action-Reviews (AARs) as a team, and individually to assess their own performance.
- You will meet deadlines set by the WorkWell Program Director and BPO Manager, and ensure your team is able to meet deadlines with punctuality and quality of work. In case a deadline cannot be made, you are responsible for communicating proactively.
- You will lead your team by example becoming a source of information, inspiration, trust, and unique value to all WorkWell clients and staff.
COMMUNICATING OUR UNIQUE VALUE
- You will engage all clients and visitors to your location in a highly welcoming, hospitable manner and a “guest” mentality. You will train all of your team members to do the same to ensure their client orientation and customer service skills are up to a high standard.
- You will update social media content material, generate novel work, and identify new ways to reach WorkWell clients. You will assist the creative team with the design of promotional materials.
- You and your team will help clients with complaints and questions, give clients information about our products and services, take orders, and process returns.
- You will be responsible for your team giving accurate information and helping to solve customer problems.
DATA STORAGE & DATA-DRIVEN DECISION MAKING
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely submission of all activity reports and records on Salesforce.
- You will be responsible for Salesforce database accuracy. You will be carrying out Salesforce database maintenance and upkeep on a daily and weekly basis.
- You are responsible for the execution of program planning, budgeting, and procurement of necessary equipment in line with Preemptive Love standards. You must ensure this data is stored correctly and subject to errors (duplicated or missing).
- You are responsible for the successful event planning of graduations and other occasions hosted by WorkWell in your city.
- You must ensure all instructors are carrying out standardized testing as outlined by the curriculum tests, benchmarks, and requirements. You must also ensure that Google Classroom is the chief communication platform between all workers, clients, and instructors.
- You must ensure the team is developing high-quality lesson plans and innovative teaching materials to ensure teaching quality stays high. Delivery of material should be highly practical, engaging, and project-based.
- You will lead in the improvement of the curriculum, with the understanding that the curriculum must be standardized across all WorkWell sites. You will be proactive about gaining accreditation for WorkWell courses to constantly upgrade our affiliation with accredited providers.
- You will ensure program activities comply with the policies and regulations of the donor organization.
- You will assist in all additional tasks as required by the program.
- You should have a University Degree with a focus on business and management or related discipline.
- You must have Professional-level written and oral proficiency in English and Spanish.
- You must be able to present confidently to a diverse audience (including prospective investors).
- You must have a drive and ability to work in challenging environments.
- You should have experience managing a budget.
- You must take accountability for the results at your Tech Bus and have a drive for serious results.
- The ability to coach team members & achieve results is required.
- You must seek clarity when unsure and have a proactive bias for action.
- You must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to deliver outcomes timely and accurately.
- You must have the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- You must be able to plan effectively ahead of time.
- You should have excellent active listening skills and written communication skills.
- You must be flexible and able to adapt to changing conditions, client’s needs, and program needs.
- You must set high standards for yourself and your team, and be able to maintain discipline for operational effectiveness.
- You must be a ‘fixer’ with an eye for detail, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
- You must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Familiarity with the private sector is preferred. Experience with international organizations or companies is appreciated.
- Familiarity with government agencies and NGOs working in Mexico or Latin America is preferred.
- Familiarity with project management software (i.e. Salesforce, Airtable)
- Proficient in a wide range of IT applications (i.e. Full Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, Voxer, Keynote)
- Ability to work from multiple devices at the same time.
- Proficient in the principles of gathering data, reporting, and making reports using relevant software such as Google Forms, Salesforce, and Microsoft Excel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information.