Preemptive Love is a global community of peacemakers working to end war and stop the spread of violence. We do this by living and working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, jobs for displaced families, and community building.
We are currently hiring for a Marketing Copywriter to join the Marketing team at Preemptive Love. This team collaborates with MarCom, Programming, Development, and Digital Studio to create awareness for our global humanitarian efforts, grow and convert our peacemaking donor base, drive traffic to the Preemptive Love Shop, and support Love Anyway Gatherings.
Hours: Full Time
Manager: Director of Marketing
Type of Employment: Contract (3 months) with potential for hire at end of contract
The ideal candidate will have experience writing to drive conversion through a multi-channel approach. You understand how to draw people in by teasing out a larger story and how to move the audience to take specific actions based on where they are in their donor journey. Your passion and intuition for mission-driven engagement build around a diversity of belonging.
- Collaborate with the MarCom team to develop a variety of engaging copy aligned with the 2021 content plan and overall strategic marketing objectives
- Work with the Shop team to develop high impact ROI copy for refugee-made products, apparel, and donation-based programs
- Develop content that attracts new donors, upsell one-time donors to monthly donors, and build out content subscribers. The ideal candidate will have experience creating content for top-of-funnel, middle-of-funnel, and bottom-of-funnel customer sets.
- Work cross-departmentally to develop content for various marketing landing pages on the website, including partner marketing pages
- Develop high engagement social media content for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook and other platforms.
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the Preemptive Love style guidelines
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to MarCom leadership
- Experience in producing cross channel copy - including emails, marketing landing pages, digital ads, social media
- Exceptional collaborative skills and attention to detail
- Experience managing creatives on tight deadlines
- Skilled with the nuances of social media writing, including the use of hashtags, emojis, and acronyms
- Passion in global humanitarian work
- Attention to global news and issues
- B2B marketing experience
- Experience with Google Suite
- Multi-lingual - Spanish and / or Arabic preferred
- Experience building pages in WordPress VIP